Posted on: January 21, 2011 2:59 pm
I want to begin by stating the Jets have done and had an outstanding season. The accomplishments are noteworthy! And they have been noted. So let me move on!! At this time in any season there are clear front runners, teams that you see and say, they have what it takes to get the job done. The Pittsburgh Steelers are THAT team! My opinion my be a tad bit biased beacuse I am a fan, but the next few paragraphs of text will be compounded with tangible facts that signify and add weight to my claim that the Pittsburgh Steelers will in fact win there 7th Lombardi Trophy, adding more claim to be yet again the best NFL Franchise in the game.
Everyone knows that the Steelers have the most Superbowl wins in the modern era. That alone should give way to the fact that when they arrive they know what to do to win. PERIOD! As Chris Berman, says, "that is why they play the games!" So the same goes for this Sunday's Match up against the Cinderella Story NY Football Jets!! What a story it would be for them to have been the hosts of this seasons show Hard Knocks, with there not so shy coach, guaranteeing a Superbowl appearance, coming in as a Wild Card to Beat the "Audible King" Peyton Manning and the Colts in Indianapolis, going up to Foxboro and handing "Cry Baby" Tom Brady and his Patriots the L, they needed to bring them back to reality. What a Story it would be? But I'm here to tell you that the story book ending it being written under different circumstances.
Here are my reasons the Pittsburgh Steelers Stairway to Seven will be complete this season.
1. In the off-season no sports writer other than Peter King gave the Steelers a shot at making it to the Superbowl. The Steelers play there best football under the radar. When everyone is counting them out they play the best. This off-season, Santonio Holmes and Ben Roethlisberger got themselves into trouble. Santonio Holmes is now a Jet and Ben was suspended 4 games. No one thought we'd survive those 4 games, best case scenario we got was a 2-2 record, we finish 3-1. Even then no one believed, but the Steeler faithful, knew something different.
2. History does give way to an interesting theory, 2005 Season Steelers win Superbowl, 2008 Season Steelers win Superbowl, 2011 Season.........??? There is a pattern here, it looks like every 3 seasons they've managed to get in and win.
3. #7 needs to get his third Superbowl win and the Franchise's 7th Lombardi Trophy!! With all that has occured with Ben Roethlisberger this off season, no one wants it more than he does. Nothing will help save face and write an even better story than for him to beat the odds of the suspension, lead his team in impressive fashion over the Ravens in comeback wins, not once but twice. Face the cinderella Jets and go on to the SUPERBOWL and win again. He wears #7 on his jersey, come on people!! Are you feeling me on this?!?! This is a great story in the making. what better franchise than the Pittsburgh Steelers? He could even go on to be the MVP of the game. Not just him but his team has rallied behind him, they believe in him in the clutch and why the hell not? He's lead his team to the AFC Championship game 3 times, this is #4. In those games he is 2-1.
4. The Pittsburgh Steelers are in Superbowl Mode! When it comes to this time of year, no team really does it better. Solid Defense, Solid Running game and the ability to throw the deep ball to keep opposing defenses honest. Are all formulas, for winning football. Wrap your arms around it and embrace it!! Give it a great big hug!! Show my Steelers some love!!
5. UNDER ARMOR in the STEEL CITY!! Just like every one of there commercials says, WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!! At home at the Big Ketchup Bottle. The 2010-2011 New York Jets story comes to a close. Only one other team in NFL History has won 3 straight roads games in route to a Superbowl Win, That's right it was the Steelers. No way do the Jets come into Heinz Field and beat the Steelers twice in a season, not with the stakes as high as they are the Steelers are a veteran squad and know what it takes to be Champions!
So there you have it folks, the Steelers win over the Jets in a laugher, although the score will be closer than the came itself. They control the clock and the line of scrimmage. Steelers win on the arm of #7 by 7 points 24-17.
Posted on: January 31, 2009 8:34 am
Edited on: January 31, 2009 8:35 am
This thread is in response to Ben "Big Win" Roethlisberger being referred to as a "Drama Queen"
First of all, how anyone can refer to this man as a drama queen is beyond me. But it got me to thinking what QB's past & present could be considered Drama Queens. Whether they win games or not, have won Superbowls or not.
Here are my top 5
5. Tom Brady - always whining about a call he is trying to get in favor of his team.
4. Drew Brees - how many QB's do you see lead the sideline cheers at kick-off.
3. Peyton Manning - his pre-snap performances are classic.
2. Donovan McNabb - who will ever forget him vomitting at the 50 yard line in the Super Bowl.
1. Brett Favre - for the past 3 or 4 seasons whether or not he would retire has been the topic that he has made a media circus.
These guys are all great players but if people can call the toughest QB in the game a drama queen then I can call these guys the same.
Posted on: January 10, 2009 12:00 pm
I got so much trouble on my mind, refuse to lose!! Stamp my ticket to my Steelers get wicked!!
Keys to Victory!
Posted on: October 18, 2008 1:04 pm
I've seen quite a few nice avatars and figured why not put one of my own up and see what the feedback is. Let me know what you think? If the responses are favorable I will change it to a different one every day to present my eye candy avatars!
Posted on: October 18, 2008 12:58 pm
I got so much trouble on my mind, refuse to lose. Stamp my ticket, to watch the Steelers get wicked.
I will start my blog with that same statement regularly or until football season is over. I just have to say that I'm troubled. Troubled over the fact that, in our quest to express one's opinion, the ability to agree to disagree some how is lost. You see things one way, I see them another. It is just the way of the world. Everything is a matter of perception. I seen it but, I didn't believe it! What I saw, I did not believe.
Some how or another, we have lost the concept of "entitlement". I have every right in the world to say what I feel as long as I am not insulting or disrespectful to anyone. I am too old to name call, so I won't indulge. What I will do is make my presence known by expressing that opinion on my blog on the regular. If you happen to stop in and read something that you didn't agree with, cool but state you don't agree don't attempt to argue with me about my opinion. My opinion is that the Pittsburgh Steelers are the best team in the NFL bar none.