I want to begin by stating the Jets have done and had an outstanding season. The accomplishments are noteworthy! And they have been noted. So let me move on!! At this time in any season there are clear front runners, teams that you see and say, they have what it takes to get the job done. The Pittsburgh Steelers are THAT team! My opinion my be a tad bit biased beacuse I am a fan, but the next few paragraphs of text will be compounded with tangible facts that signify and add weight to my claim that the Pittsburgh Steelers will in fact win there 7th Lombardi Trophy, adding more claim to be yet again the best NFL Franchise in the game.
Everyone knows that the Steelers have the most Superbowl wins in the modern era. That alone should give way to the fact that when they arrive they know what to do to win. PERIOD! As Chris Berman, says, "that is why they play the games!" So the same goes for this Sunday's Match up against the Cinderella Story NY Football Jets!! What a story it would be for them to have been the hosts of this seasons show Hard Knocks, with there not so shy coach, guaranteeing a Superbowl appearance, coming in as a Wild Card to Beat the "Audible King" Peyton Manning and the Colts in Indianapolis, going up to Foxboro and handing "Cry Baby" Tom Brady and his Patriots the L, they needed to bring them back to reality. What a Story it would be? But I'm here to tell you that the story book ending it being written under different circumstances.
Here are my reasons the Pittsburgh Steelers Stairway to Seven will be complete this season.
1. In the off-season no sports writer other than Peter King gave the Steelers a shot at making it to the Superbowl. The Steelers play there best football under the radar. When everyone is counting them out they play the best. This off-season, Santonio Holmes and Ben Roethlisberger got themselves into trouble. Santonio Holmes is now a Jet and Ben was suspended 4 games. No one thought we'd survive those 4 games, best case scenario we got was a 2-2 record, we finish 3-1. Even then no one believed, but the Steeler faithful, knew something different.
2. History does give way to an interesting theory, 2005 Season Steelers win Superbowl, 2008 Season Steelers win Superbowl, 2011 Season.........??? There is a pattern here, it looks like every 3 seasons they've managed to get in and win.
3. #7 needs to get his third Superbowl win and the Franchise's 7th Lombardi Trophy!! With all that has occured with Ben Roethlisberger this off season, no one wants it more than he does. Nothing will help save face and write an even better story than for him to beat the odds of the suspension, lead his team in impressive fashion over the Ravens in comeback wins, not once but twice. Face the cinderella Jets and go on to the SUPERBOWL and win again. He wears #7 on his jersey, come on people!! Are you feeling me on this?!?! This is a great story in the making. what better franchise than the Pittsburgh Steelers? He could even go on to be the MVP of the game. Not just him but his team has rallied behind him, they believe in him in the clutch and why the hell not? He's lead his team to the AFC Championship game 3 times, this is #4. In those games he is 2-1.
4. The Pittsburgh Steelers are in Superbowl Mode! When it comes to this time of year, no team really does it better. Solid Defense, Solid Running game and the ability to throw the deep ball to keep opposing defenses honest. Are all formulas, for winning football. Wrap your arms around it and embrace it!! Give it a great big hug!! Show my Steelers some love!!
5. UNDER ARMOR in the STEEL CITY!! Just like every one of there commercials says, WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!! At home at the Big Ketchup Bottle. The 2010-2011 New York Jets story comes to a close. Only one other team in NFL History has won 3 straight roads games in route to a Superbowl Win, That's right it was the Steelers. No way do the Jets come into Heinz Field and beat the Steelers twice in a season, not with the stakes as high as they are the Steelers are a veteran squad and know what it takes to be Champions!
So there you have it folks, the Steelers win over the Jets in a laugher, although the score will be closer than the came itself. They control the clock and the line of scrimmage. Steelers win on the arm of #7 by 7 points 24-17.